The Joey D Foundation provides fire departments in need with training and personal safety systems.
One day every firefighter will have the training and equipment
to safely escape a fire.
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation (Joey D Foundation) believes that firefighters can’t save lives if they can’t save themselves. Too often firefighters become trapped unexpectedly due to collapse, flashover, backdraft or more and need to get out FAST. Sometimes the only way out is a window. Our organization knows this all too well – founded by people directly impacted by the FDNY “Black Sunday” where 3 firefighters lost their lives and 3 suffered life-changing injuries – all because they had no way out but a 5th story window.
That’s why we are committed to providing personal safety systems and training to fire departments in need. We achieve this by awarding grants for personal safety bailout systems for firefighters, and offering seminars taught by world class instructors. We hope there’s a day where every firefighter has a way out. And no family, department or community suffers the devastating impact of another “Black Sunday.”
- Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation Awards Training and Equipment Grant to the Port Jervis Fire Department - This grant, in the amount of $12,000, was provided by the Foundation in partnership with the Leary Firefighters Foundation. Grant funding will provide 21 department members with PSS and training they need to escape if there are no other ways out.
- Affordable Drill Towers Holds Benefit Training - Affordable Drill Towers teamed up with TEEX, Williamson Co. ESD #3, Bastrop Co. ESD #2, and top fire instructors for its 2020 Winter Training Event.
- Bird’s Eye View Project Selects Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation as Charity Partner - The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation is honored and pleased to announce that we have once again been selected as a Bird’s Eye View Project charity partner.
- Nine Fire Departments Receive 2019 Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation Grant - The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation is proud to announce that nine fire departments across the U.S. have been awarded over $97,000. Through 2019 Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation grant program, these departments will benefit from 224 new Personal Safety Systems (PSS) and related training to keep them safe.
- Celebrate #HeroesChanceDay on #GivingTuesday - On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, #HeroesChanceDay, you can celebrate a fallen FDNY firefighter and give a lifeline and training to a firefighter in need.