The Joey D Foundation provides fire departments in need with training and personal safety systems.
One day every firefighter will have the training and equipment
to safely escape a fire.
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation (Joey D Foundation) believes that firefighters can’t save lives if they can’t save themselves. Too often firefighters become trapped unexpectedly due to collapse, flashover, backdraft or more and need to get out FAST. Sometimes the only way out is a window. Our organization knows this all too well – founded by people directly impacted by the FDNY “Black Sunday” where 3 firefighters lost their lives and 3 suffered life-changing injuries – all because they had no way out but a 5th story window.
That’s why we are committed to providing personal safety systems and training to fire departments in need. We achieve this by awarding grants for personal safety bailout systems for firefighters, and offering seminars taught by world class instructors. We hope there’s a day where every firefighter has a way out. And no family, department or community suffers the devastating impact of another “Black Sunday.”
- New Items Donated for the 2019 Volleyball Tournament Raffle - We will be raffling off some donated items at the Second Annual Fire Department Volleyball Fundraiser on July 25, 2019.
- Congratulations to FDNY Lt. Dan Gordon - FDNY Lt. Dan Gordon received the Company Officer Association Medal at FDNY's Annual Medal Day ceremony for the rescue of two adults and four children from a Bronx tenement fire.
- Registration for the 2019 Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Seminar Opens on July 1 - View the new HOT class line up for 2019 and lecture series with FDNY Lieutenants Jason Brezler and Michael Ciampo, with a special keynote by Battalion Chief John Cagno (Ret.).
- Second Annual Fire Department Volleyball Fundraiser to Be Held on July 25, 2019 - Join us for a night of food, fun, and friendship for a great cause on July 25, 2019, at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook.
- Springfield Fire Department Practices Bail-Out Scenarios in Annual Training - In order to keep their skills sharp, firefighters practice with their PSS to get a better feel for their environment when using it in a real situation.