The Joey D Foundation provides fire departments in need with training and personal safety systems.
One day every firefighter will have the training and equipment
to safely escape a fire.
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation (Joey D Foundation) believes that firefighters can’t save lives if they can’t save themselves. Too often firefighters become trapped unexpectedly due to collapse, flashover, backdraft or more and need to get out FAST. Sometimes the only way out is a window. Our organization knows this all too well – founded by people directly impacted by the FDNY “Black Sunday” where 3 firefighters lost their lives and 3 suffered life-changing injuries – all because they had no way out but a 5th story window.
That’s why we are committed to providing personal safety systems and training to fire departments in need. We achieve this by awarding grants for personal safety bailout systems for firefighters, and offering seminars taught by world class instructors. We hope there’s a day where every firefighter has a way out. And no family, department or community suffers the devastating impact of another “Black Sunday.”
- Don’t Call Me Hero: FDNY Firefighter Jeff Cool Interview - This very special edition of Birds Eye View Project's #FirefighterFridayfeatured veteran and Firefighter Jeff Cool, who served 14 Years with FDNY Rescue 3.
- Wings Contest Helps Firefighters - Centereach Fire Department members Matt Gehm and Ed Davidson ate their way to a victory and received a check for $1,000. The check was presented to the Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation on September 21, 2020.
- Erie Fire Department to Receive Updated Equipment Thanks to Several Grants - The chief says now that the money is secured to bring in the equipment, it will change the future of the department.
- Bird’s Eye View Project’s Firefighter Friday with Veteran FDNY Firefighter Joseph P. DiBernardo - Navy SEAL Ryan “Birdman” Parrott is the Founder of the Bird’s Eye View Project, and the Host of the TV and Web Series, introducing America to Veterans and First-Responders who are overcoming adversity, and living their lives to the fullest. On this very special interview edition of Firefighter Friday, with FDNY Deputy Chief Joseph P. DiBernardo (Ret.) of the Joey P. DiBernardo Foundation as we discuss his 29 years of military service, 35 years serving with FDNY, his son's life and legacy, and all the incredible work of the Foundation.
- Registration is Open for the 2020 Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Training Seminar - Join us on November 7 – 8, 2020, for hands-on training and courses taught by fire service leaders in Long Island, New York.