An Inaugural Volley Ball Tournament benefiting the Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation was held on the evening of August 23, 2018, at the Holiday Inn Express in Stony Brook, New York. This event, organized by Tanya Lee, Director of Sales and Marketing, for the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook was great success raising nearly $4,000 for the Foundation. The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation helps train and equip fire departments throughout North America.
Fire department teams who competed in this year’s tournament included: Centereach, Coram, Terryville, Farmingville, FDNY Ladder Company 120 (Watkins Street), Setauket, Jericho, and who were joined by the team from Gold Coast Bank.
The tournament was won by the members Ladder Company 120, who donated their prize back to the Foundation.
$1,000 prize back to the Foundation. Paul Sabbagh, who won the 50-50, also donated the money back to the Foundation.
We also thank all of the food sponsors, vendors, and volunteers who came out to support the Foundation, including:
• Bagel Express – Setauket
• Chick Fil-A – Port Jefferson Station
• Luigi’s Pizza & Italian Restaurant – East Setauket
• The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Restaurant – Smithtown
• Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook
• Miller’s Ale House in Lake Grove hosted the after party with food and drink specials
• DJ Kevin Nitzsche donated his services.
• Origami Owl
• Vicki Marie Belcher sold the 50/50 tickets
• Ron Monteleone – Fire News Photographer
• Dan Keller from Stony Brook Athletics refereed the tournament
• Leah Dunaief – Publisher, Times Beacon Record served as a judge
• Appearance by Wolfie, the Stony Brook University mascot