Grants for Fire Departments
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation provides grants to fire departments in need of personal safety rope systems. If your department is in the U.S. or Canada and does not have means to this important safety equipment, please download and submit a grant application.
Grant Application Requirements
- A brief essay describing your need for personal safety rope systems (PSS). This should include why your department needs financial support to complete this purchase, number of alarms answered annually and average number of personnel responding on apparatus.
- How will your department maintain proficiency in the use of your PSS?
- The number of systems being supported by grant funding and an estimate from a vendor for equipment and training (the Foundation does not support a particular system and encourages you to seek competitive bids).
Required Support Documentation
The below information must be submitted with your grant request:
- A list of the members to receive the personal safety systems (PSS) and training.
- Copy of two most recent years detailed budget, 2017 and 2018.
- Copy of two most recent years detailed balance sheets and actuals (2017 and 2018).
- A listing of cash on hand, CDs, bank accounts, and all monetary assets to date in 2019.
- Copy of all pages of the signed grantees most recent applicable Form 990 ”Return of Organization Exempt Form Income Tax” as filed with the IRS. (If you are a career department, please state N/A in your application).
- Copy of all pages of the most recent tax exempt filing as applicable in the grantee’s state.
- A listing of any grants, gifts, donations, fundraising totals in year-to-date 2019.
- Hold Harmless Agreement signed by Grantee.
- A signed notarized statement acknowledging the items are truthful by the representative of the Grantee.
Since 2013, the Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation has awarded nearly $370,000 to departments to equip and train their members with personal life safety ropes.
In 2014, the Foundation proudly established a grant partnership with The Leary Firefighters Foundation to provide this life-saving equipment and training to firefighters in New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts area.
Previous applicants who were not awarded a grant are invited to resubmit a new application. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Grant Applications will be accepted between January 1 – September 1, 2019.
Grantee(s) will be notified after the 2019 Seminar.
The following departments have received financial assistance to purchase this life-saving safety equipment and related training.