Grants for Fire Departments
The Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation’s grant program provides funds to departments in need of personal safety rope systems. If your department is in the U.S. or Canada and does not have means to this important safety equipment, please download and submit a grant application.
Grant Application Requirements
- A brief essay describing your need for personal safety rope systems (PSS). This should include why your department needs financial support to complete this purchase, number of alarms answered annually and average number of personnel responding on apparatus.
- How will your department maintain proficiency in the use of your PSS?
- The number of systems being supported by grant funding and an estimate from a vendor for equipment and training (the Foundation does not support a particular system and encourages you to seek competitive bids).
Required Support Documentation
The below information must be submitted with your grant request:
- A list of the members to receive the personal safety systems (PSS) and training
- Copy of 2 most recent years detailed budget
- Copy of 2 most recent years detailed balance sheets and actuals
- Copy of all pages of the signed grantees most recent applicable Form 990 ”Return of Organization Exempt Form Income Tax” as filed with the IRS
- Copy of all pages of the most recent tax exempt filing as applicable in the grantees state
- A signed notarized statement acknowledging the items are truthful by the representative of the Grantee.
- Hold Harmless Agreement signed by Grantee
Since 2013, the Lt. Joseph P. DiBernardo Memorial Foundation has awarded nearly $242,000 to departments to equip and train their members with personal life safety ropes.
In 2014, the Foundation proudly established a grant partnership with The Leary Firefighters Foundation to provide this life-saving equipment and training to firefighters in New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts area.
Previous applicants who were not awarded a grant are invited to resubmit a new application. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Grant Applications will be accepted between January 1 – September 30, 2018.
Grantee(s) will be notified after the 2018 Seminar.
The following departments have received financial assistance to purchase this life-saving safety equipment and related training.